It has been a busy and exciting few months, and I am happy to announce that I have accepted a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Pace University in NYC. This semester I am teaching the following: Digital Cultures, Communication & Popular Culture, and Public Speaking. Aside from that, a course that I taught while at MIT has just been published on their Open Courseware site! Please check out my Technopanics class and let me know what you think! I am always open to suggestions for how to workshop and improve the course content. Finally, I am looking forward to the forthcoming publication of my latest journal article, a piece written about the Chinese “diaosi” (loser) meme and its implications. The article will appear in a special issue of the Journal China Information, edited by Professor Guobin Yang. As soon as it becomes available I will share a link to it here on my site.
- Congrats @nwfisk! Can't wait to read it! blogs.lse.ac.uk/parenting4digi… 5 months ago
- Job opening in Communication Studies at Pace University NYC campus! Come be my colleague! apply.interfolio.com/39276 7 months ago
- Great article about the outsourcing of censorship, data janitors, and Fake News at Facebook via @NPR n.pr/2dauWvy 7 months ago
- RT @UniofOxford: What percentage of people who play video games are 'addicted'? Research from @oiioxford po.st/LeZ2K4 https://t.… 7 months ago
- RT @yananw: Chinese villages are suffering for our phones. Happy to have helped with this incisive @peterwhoriskey report https://t.co/jERf… 8 months ago