It has been a busy and exciting few months, and I am happy to announce that I have accepted a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Pace University in NYC. This semester I am teaching the following: Digital Cultures, Communication & Popular Culture, and Public Speaking. Aside from that, a course that I taught while at MIT has just been published on their Open Courseware site! Please check out my Technopanics class and let me know what you think! I am always open to suggestions for how to workshop and improve the course content. Finally, I am looking forward to the forthcoming publication of my latest journal article, a piece written about the Chinese “diaosi” (loser) meme and its implications. The article will appear in a special issue of the Journal China Information, edited by Professor Guobin Yang. As soon as it becomes available I will share a link to it here on my site.
- @globaljourn To be clear, I believe there are cases in which people may have problematic relationships to digital g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- Hear me take part in a discussion about Internet addiction in China (yes, the debate still rages) on today's… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- An oldie but still my fav. defense of net neutrality @iamjohnoliver @LastWeekTonight The dingo is watching the baby! goo.gl/7EmxA8 9 months ago
- Check out the website of @EFF for a taste of our dystopian future if we don't protect net neutrality today! eff.org/deeplinks/2017… 9 months ago
- @william_partin @FDGconf @ybika @ekwitkowski @abestein Looking forward to this!! Thanks @ybika for organizing! 10 months ago