It has been a busy and exciting few months, and I am happy to announce that I have accepted a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Pace University in NYC. This semester I am teaching the following: Digital Cultures, Communication & Popular Culture, and Public Speaking. Aside from that, a course that I taught while at MIT has just been published on their Open Courseware site! Please check out my Technopanics class and let me know what you think! I am always open to suggestions for how to workshop and improve the course content. Finally, I am looking forward to the forthcoming publication of my latest journal article, a piece written about the Chinese “diaosi” (loser) meme and its implications. The article will appear in a special issue of the Journal China Information, edited by Professor Guobin Yang. As soon as it becomes available I will share a link to it here on my site.
- @ybika the one conversation I had with a team manager involved discussion of recruiting models, teaching them to play, and creating a pin... 3 months ago
- @ybika Chinese just says “season 1” 3 months ago
- @ybika @ybika aw, thanks! I’ve certainly not even scratched the surface, but I know of a few young grad students co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- @ybika @william_partin Unfortunately, I know very little about the dynamics of livestreaming in China, but if you w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- @globaljourn To be clear, I believe there are cases in which people may have problematic relationships to digital g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 months ago